Monday, May 28, 2007

Visitors and chemo

Well today was a different day. Dad drove up really early this morning and got here at 10, stayed to 4 p.m. It was great to see him. We talked about golf and Binghamton gossip and work and all the usual stuff. Lots of fun and I really appreciated having him come! I think he got a different impression of my stay then he had when he came up, which is good I think. Mom will be coming up tomorrow and staying till thursday or friday, which means I'll have visitors all week! What a blessing.
I am right now getting dose #3 of the clofarabine, which I am tolerating well and which is hopefully making quick work of my leukemia cells. Annoying thing is they insist on keeping me hooked up to a blood pressure cuff throughout the chemo, which is annoying.The good news is just two more doses and I'm done--and hopefully the leukemia is, too!
Hope all is well in your world.
-Matt

2 comments:

JimDeegan said...

Matt,

Scott Toole pointed me to your blog.

Powerful stuff.

For anyone whose life has been affected by cancer, you provide a candid, revealing perspective. Thanks.

An old college roommate was from Buffalo, and when I visited in the early 1990s I paid a visit to the Anchor Bar -- birthplace of chicken wings. Went to a Bills game that weekend and had a blast.

Wanted to simply drop you a note and let you know we're thinking of you here in Easton. I'll be directing others to your posts.

Your determination is inspiring. Stay strong.

joeowens said...

Matt,

As usual, Deegan said it all.

We're thinking of you.

If you get bored, Deegan has a blog and so do I. You can find them at lehighvalleylive.com.

JPO