Thursday, May 24, 2007

Try try again

Lousy news: Despite my depressed cell counts and 12 doses of new chemotherapy in 6 days, my bone marrow still has about 90% leukemic cells. This news came this afternoon after yesterday's bone marrow biopsy. Barb anderson and Dr. Fernandez (on service this week) came up to give me the news about 2:00 p.m.
When I saw the both of them, I knew it was bad news.
Onward and upward: I will be starting a new drug just as soon as we can get it. It's called clofarabine, and has worked well for relapsed childhood ALL and in one case just recently in a relapsed adult ALL case here at Roswell.
The other good news is my transplant is coming.
The other bad news is that there's no realistic chance of seeing home before doing all this.
I was sad when I heard. Now I'm mostly pissed off. Now I'm just ready to kick some cancer butt.
More details will come when I know them.

-Matt

No comments: