Friday, May 18, 2007

doing better, a bit in limbo

The good news: A bad rash and a scratched cornea are clearing up. I was out pretty much all day yesterday and a bit of the day before with a painful and very annoing left eye. Not sure how I did it, but it took a visit from the opthamalogist, who stuffed it full of ointment and bandaged it, to fix. I'm about 80% better today, which is good because I want to be 100% for when Diane comes up today! As for the rash, it's beeen pretty annoying. Nasty looking red rash all over my torso and arms. Various medications have been blamed, but the good news is it's clearing up.

The bad, or, in my case, just anxious news: We're still waiting for my donor to tell us when she will donate the stem cells that will save my life. She has a choice of the first, second or third week in june. I would get the cells one of those weeks after a "conditioning" chemotherapy regimen and 5 radiation treatments that will kill all the marrow in my bones. I'm sure it's difficult to arrange the time off, etc, but it would be nice to go into this weekend knowing when the ultimate date was. But can't do much about that yet, so we'll just keep positive and hope for the earliest date possible.

Other than that just hanging around. Mom was here Wednesday through this morning. Nice to have her here . Time passes strangely in the hospital. Hard to believe I've been in here a week and a half already.

Thanks for your encouraging posts.

No comments: