Sunday, July 16, 2006

Works like a dream

Feeling much better today. The doctor allowed me to have Ambien, a sleeping pill that really does "work like a dream," as the commercials say. This allowed me to sleep all night long without any problems, except the normal visit or two from a nurse wanting vital signs or drawing blood.

Spent another 20 minutes on the treadmill today. It really feels good to get up out of my room and get some excercise. Shorly after the treadmill Mike and Kathy Malloy (Father in law and Mother in Law) came up and took diane out shopping in buffalo. She's going to have a haircut, have lunch, and buy me some more button down short sleeved shirts. The short sleeved shirts are most convienient as I have the central line in my right chest and we can run the IV right up through the shirt.

Getting used to being here. Kind of waiting for the regular week when the weekday staff is here. They are noticeably better, even though the weekend people have been great.

Missing Star already, though my mom says she is doing well with the dog and the other kitties at Clover Dr.

Dr Baer met with me today and apologized for the debacle with the drugs yesterday. She thinks I will do very well and should be out of the hospital between 3-4 weeks. I had just one bag of chemo today, the drip only took about 10 minutes. Haven't had much of a reaction to it at all yet, though they say the drugs they are giving me have a lot to do with that.

1 comment:

Matt Kensey said...

thanks connie for your nice words. I do remember you!

Matt