Saturday, July 15, 2006

Agitation over chemo

Today about 3 p.m. I started chemo. There was a delay overnight due to some complications, so I met with Dr. Behr this morning and she gave the order. When they gave me the premedication for the chemo it gave me a funny feeling. As the feeling continued I began to get agitated in a ADD kind of way. Wasn't able to sit still focus etc. This continued for about 5-6 hours and is still lingering even after they gave me medication to fight it. They will change the meds tomorrow so I don't have this problem again. I will take a sleeping pill tonight so I can sleep, and hopefully I will feel better in the A.M.

Staff is very helpful except for my day nurse today who was very abrupt and quick to leave the room. I think I will request a different nurse the next time I talk to DR. Behr.

Very glad to hear from everyone as I had several e-mails today. Nice to have friends. Meanwhile Diane is an absolute Rock and I just don't know what I'd do without her. Guess I picked the right girl!

No comments: