Sunday, July 23, 2006

Friends, family and a little blurriness

Hey all!

Today was a very busy day. Doug Camin and Kim Leonard came up last night, and then spent most of the day with DI and I. Doug and kim even took DI on a jaunt to niagra falls hard rock cafe, over which I am really jealous as the food sounded fantastic! It was good to see them anyhow.

In the meantime, I am fine. I am having some more blurry vision, especially when I use the commputer. Dr. Wang, who is my dr. while Dr. Baer is off rotation, says that this is normal due to the chemo I am getting. It's a little weird though, as I am a very visual person. Not much to do but rest my eyes when it starts to happen. In other news, they put me on potassium drip for a few hours today, as the chemo I got yesterday made my potassium levels low. Kind of a bummer, but I'm unhooked now and sitting very comfortably in my bed.

Did two stints on the treadmill today, 20 mins apiece. In general feeling good so long as I keep good and hydrated. Tomorrow is monday and things will go by more quickly, as somehow here there is more activity during the weekdays.

That's all for now. Oh, and I found out the ANCHOR BAR is only a few blocks away from the hospital here. My own special kind of torture: I am just JONESIN' for some yummy wings. In a few weeks, perhaps.

No comments: