Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Donated blood makes chemo patients happy!

So, gotta tell you, getting two pints of blood in a day is really great! I'm feeling really good today due to two people's fine donations. Thanks people! Today was a good day...no chemo, but the blood and some other funky medications. My nausea is gone due to a patch behind my ear, so I've been eating steadily along. The physical therapist came in today and we did a bunch of things usually reserved for the outdoors. We threw a basketball inside, climbed stairs and lifted weights. That felt really good. Later today I'm going to try out the new swanky pair of black and white airwalks my mom sent. Di and I will use the treadmill to try them out.
Otherwise, i've been reading all afternoon. I got a new dressing for my central line: the other one was itching like a bastard and I'm really glad it got changed, though it did hurt at the time. And It seems like all the nurses here have a name derived from laura: Laura, laurie, lauren, leslie, etc. Too many l's! A temporary nurse for right now is named Mary but she just told me my night nurse may be one of the "L"s. Fun!
Saw Dr. Baer today (my head doctor) and she said I am doing great on paper: a textbook case. That sure made me feel good, too!

No comments: