Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Packing my bagsI

Well, it's official. A week from today Di and I will be heading up to Buffalo and I'll be moving into A VERY nice apartment at Kevin Guest House in preparation for my month-long course of chemo. Di and I visited the apartment after my clinic appointment monday and the apartment is well stocked.
So, check it out: this apartment has a full kitchen: stove, sink, DISHWASHER, fridge, microwave, plates, pots and pans, toaster oven and other assorted fixings. Living room has flat screen TV, computer, internet access and couch, loveseat and chair. The TWO bedrooms and three beds should house whoever needs to come over, and downstairs the brand new washer and drier is free....you just provide the soap. HOT.
I am looking forward to getting on with treatment. It has been a bit too long hanging out here at home. I'm sure as soon as I get up there I'll be a little homesick, but that's cause the grass is always greener. Apparently according to Dr. Baer I am doing very well and am very healthy. She did have me stop the Flecanide (heart condition drug) and the cardiologist finally called me back today and agreed. It has been giving me these itchy rashes on my legs, and the doctors will start me on some different medications when I return to buffalo.
Kind of a rainy wet crappy day today. What is up with this weather, anyway?
Hope you all are hanging in there.
-Matt

No comments: