Saturday, February 03, 2007

Long time no see

Sorry I haven;t posted on awhile. "Your fans miss you," Diane says, and I guess you do. At least one has given me a gentle push via email. So this is what has happened recently:

1.) My efforts in grief to Roswell about the inefficiencies and delays have prompted the bigwigs to respond. When I was up there earlier this week,the very accomodating nurse department chief visited me on two separate days, first to get my concerns first hand, then to merely check up on me.
Not sure what's going to come of my complaint, but it does appear as though they are taking me seriously. That's satisfying, anyway.

2) I've started my second-to-last round of chemo. This is quite exciting. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I had heavy doses of Cytoxan and Ara-C, but I haven't felt too many side effects. Beginning to get mouth sores similar to the last round of chemo, but with somewhat less intensity. Three more days this month I will go up-and-back to Roswell for a shots of Erwinia. One unfortunate bit of Roswell getting its stuff together is I WILL have to stay for two hours after the shot for "observation." I understand this is necessary. It is still a pain in the ass.

3)On the way home from Roswell yesterday I diverted my route to Owego to see another printer's shop. John Henry and his wife Kathy were excellent hosts. They showed me around their shop and we exchanged tips, horror stories and generally talked business. I had a great time. It was lucky, as a very large lake effect snowstorm had blown off to the north, sparing me from driving through the anticipated 2-3" per hour.

That's about it lately. So now, according to Diane, my "peeps" should be satisfied. I'm triying to figure out how easter candy can be properly satisfied.

2 comments:

Leann said...

yes your friend is right I was begining to worry about you.glad to hear your doing good and things are well on there way to healed.I know cemo can be the pits.Id be sick for 3 weeks and able to eat one week out of the month.all I lived on was watermelon for three weeks.I still love it.I lost 50 lbs in 2 months.but praise the Lord He healed me and Im as if I never had the junk.my blood is as if I never had it.11 years healed.the doc had said I had 3 weeks to live but Jesus said I wouldnt die but live.God bless you and have a great day.

BJ said...

dude, hang in there!