Friday, December 22, 2006

Looks like I made it

Well today was a long day, but worth it. I picked dad up in vestal at about 5:55 today and we headed to buffalo. After the four hour drive there, the waiting in Roswell Park and the evaluation from my Nurse Practitioner, the famed Erwinia was given to me and I seem to be doing ok. Keep our fingers crossed though!
However this chemo has been much harder on me; my White Blood Cells are quite depressed (down from approx 10 k/ul monday to 1.47 today, and I am left with 57 platelets per n. That means I will probably skip the beebe gift exchange tomorrow, and not go to church on monday. I know the counts aren't very likely to increase, even though I am taking the neupogen white-blood cell shots every day. Will save myself for sunday dinner at mom and dad's, Phil's and Kathy and Mike's on Monday.

Very tired now. Going to watch TV and relax a bit. I am pooped!

MattK

No comments: