Monday, September 11, 2006

Home again

Harumph. After a long day yesterday packing up groceries and clothes enough to last a month, DI and I made it back to Vestal last night. Actually we would have been home sooner, but we stopped for a late lunch at the Cortland Friendlys. A cup of broccoli and cheese soup and a quesadilla later, we decided to take the long way home down rte 13, over hill and dale and eventually to Maine, where we found 26 and made it back to Vestal.
After all this, it's OK in the end that they're letting me go home between treatments. Certainly it's nice to sleep in my own bed in my own house. I'll be heading back to Buffalo a week from Wednesday, and have appointments in the hospital for the three subsequent days, with another two weeks from Wednesday. Mom has volunteered to drive so long as we spend a night in Buffalo, which is reasonable. I'd drive back myself, but the Doctors say I'm not supposed to.
Got a letter today from Excellus Blue Cross, our insurance company, approving coverage for the bone marrow stem cell harvest and transplant. I'm not sure if this covers the search or just the actual harvesting and the transplant, or if it helps with some of the testing too. We will see. It was comforting teo receive in the mail, as until now we assumed it would be covered, but just didn't know for certain.
If you're intersted, you should check out the pictures of the apartment (and me!) posted below. They were taken by my best photographer...DI!!

No comments: