Thursday, September 07, 2006

Forget so soon...

Well it's been all chemo all the time the last couple of days. Yesterday I had my first treatment in the outpatient clinic. Pretty uneventful. Arrived about 7 am, had the bloodwork, then after about an hour wait in the waiting room, the nurse called for me and I went into the infusion center. This place is huge! About the size of a high school cafeteria, and full of partitions and easy chairs, it is set up for handling a lot of patients at a time. Anyway, I recieved two different chemo medications and then at about 10 a.m. two "transport" thugs ferried me upstairs on a gurney to radiology. The lumbar puncture I had under the flouroscope was pretty painless this time, but there was a twist! They shot my spine up with chemo after taking spinal fluid out. The good news (though I'm sure its unrelated) is that I'm not having those terrible spinal headaches I had before. Much relieved!
Today was a little less busy--still had to get over to the clinic by late dawn, but I only had one chemo drug, plus a chemo eye drops I've been taking four times a day. But the fun had little to do with chemo today, while I was being evaluated by Nurse Practitioner linda, she asked if I was planning on going home after my final chemo treatment on friday, or if I would be staying in buffalo. I said I didn't know I had a choice. See, there are 10 days between friday, and my next chemo treatment a week from wednesday. Dr. Baer had INSISTED I stay in buffalo for the entire time I was having chemo...but it looks like that might change. I'll keep you posted, plans seem to change by the minute up here.

No comments: