Sunday, January 14, 2007

My sweet ride



This is my sweet Scion XB, which about a year ago we covered with an alligator on all sides to celebrate and advertise the new DI press installed at All Ready. Since I've had cancer I've reliquished possession of the car to my Dad, who has been using it for deliveries and other company business, as by all rights it is the company car. But I miss my little scion and I've taken ownership of it again on weekends, and driving it is a hoot.
Kind of a boring weekend here in Vestal. The weather is sincerely BLAH. I think I would prefer 10 degree freezing-ness we are typically greeted with in January, as this not-warm-enough-to-sunbathe-but-just-cold-enough-to-be-rainy-and-sloppy weather is no fun. Though it has made commuting to Roswell Park quite a bit easier, I feel bad for the ski areas and anyone else who enjoys winter. I don't, however, imagine this is global warming. I bet the people out West in Colorado and the other snowbound Rocky Mountain regions have a pretty short temper with the Global Warming types, as they dig out their cars from the 10 or so odd feet of the white stuff that has fallen this year.
No appointments this week, so I've got all the time in the world to hang out in soggy, gray Vestal. Whoohoo! Fun times.

1 comment:

Leann said...

cute little car.I like small cars, you can turn on a dime and go all over on little gas.I had a dodge colt years ago and loved it.it was green and I painted a frog king on the trunk and called it frogy.the people around town loved it.also had a datson and it had steer horns on the front.my brother said he wanted to paint it for me so dumb me I said ok.he painted it 4 colors and put red paint dripping off the horns.the collage kids who use to run out in front of me before it got painted didnt after.they looked at it and waited tell I went by.tow old guys were walking down the street one day with sad looks on their faces.one spotted me in the car and he cracked up laughing and hit his friend to look.they both stoped dead in their tracks and watched me go by with big smiles on their faces.that was when I knew my brother had done me a favor.if you can brighten someones day its a blessing.God bless you.hope all is going well with you.